Wednesday 14 May 2014

WIP Wednesday

Apologies for the lateness of this weeks WIP Wednesday post, but the original post has gone missing somewhere in the ether between the blogger app on my phone and the internet. Very annoying. The blogger app is pretty useless and causing me to consider moving the blog to another provider. Wordpress seems a popular choice. I like how blogger links to all things google though.

So, this week has been pretty busy! I got a new niece which spurred me on to finish the amigurumi bunny and to make the cutest little hat and shoes set.




I have also been busy completing a lovely hat for an order. It's pretty much the baby cloche hat pattern that I've used before, just done in a adult size. It's made from Lily Sugar n Cream cotton which I love working with. The stitches look so defined and neat. I hope its new owner likes it. 
I have a couple of WIPs this week...

Preschooler poncho: I'm really enjoying making this colourful poncho. It's the first time I've worked with stylecraft yarns and I have to say, I'm impressed with the quality of the double knitting yarn. It's lovely and soft and stays neat as I'm working with it. The threads don't unwind like some yarns do and there's an nice finish to the stitches. I'm 16 rows in now and I reckon I need at least another 20. Each row takes about 15 minutes now but that gets gradually longer as there are two clusters of stitches added to each row. I think I'll finish it off with a couple of rows of single crochet and then a scalloped edging. 

Neon pink slouchy hat: Requested by my 10 year old daughter, apparently these are what every girl needs these days. In bright pink, obviously. Still, it's a pretty easy request in a lovely yarn. I love the Caron Simply Soft (which is worsted/aran weight yarn) so much, I just wish I could buy it locally. I don't mind buying from the internet but the free delivery for orders over £25 is just too good an offer to miss out on and I have ended up with a LOT of yarn! Have a look here for all the pretty colours that are available.


Not looking likely that I'll have either of these finished by Friday, but I'll give it a go! Oh, and the amish puzzle ball...it hasn't left my WIP box since last week, oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment