Wednesday 11 June 2014

WIP Wednesday...It's been a while!

The little ones are playing happily so I have ten minutes (maybe!) to collect my thought about my current projects.

<Haha just had to rescue the dog from the baby, this may take longer that I anticipated!>

The Granny Stripe Blanket: The awesome, simple, stunning granny stripe blanket! I am totally in love with this blanket and with rainbow coloured yarn. I had never appreciated that something so simple could look so impressive. Even the husband is impressed by this WIP!

I bought a Lucy pack of yarn from wool warehouse and used the attic24 pattern to get started on this blanket. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the colours so picked out the rainbow ones and a white skein and made a start. I took a while to get going but now I can do two rows in 15 minutes. I can manage two hours of crochet before my hands ache so I get 8 stripes done, just over half a rainbow. I have so far done two rainbow repeats...can't decide if I need three or four repeats to make it a decent size for a cot/toddler bed
Hooked using a 4mm hook and stylecraft DK yarn


Corner to corner blanket: Another colourful project! This is for a Betty's Bells order and is #1 of 2. The second one will be the same colours but a different order. The customer has said I can choose the colour for the border....decisions, decisions! 

Hooked using a 6mm hook and Hayfield bonus chunky

I'm also working on a baby sun hat for a friend in blue, yellow and white cotton. Pics of that one to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, these blankets are beautiful! The colour combination of the second one speaks right to my heart! Will you use one of the colours fro the blanket for the border or a new colour?
    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochet-corner-corner-throw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments! I will probably use one or two of the blanket colours. I'm waiting until I've finished the second blanket to see how much yarn I have left :-)

      Delete