Friday 9 May 2014

Fertig Freitag

I thought I'd mix it up a bit and have the title in German today. It actually has a nice ring to it and also it means I have learnt a new German word. Might try French next week...

Anyway, so following on from my WIP post, here are this week's finished items:

Amigurumi bunny: Finished! Hurrah! You'll have to wait for a picture of it though as it's a pressie for my brand new niece but she's not here yet. Stay tuned (you could fill in the follow by email box over there ---> so you never miss an update ha ha).

Amigurumi Unicorn: I hadn't started this on Wednesday and still am yet to pick up the teeny tiny hook it requires. Doing the bunny has put me off a bit. I enjoyed making all the parts but found putting it together stressful as it was so hard to get it looking just right. I'm not sure amigurumi is for me. I may still try the unicorn though as it's really cute, we'll see.

Under the sea sun hat: I finished this sun hat last week but decided to titivate it a bit.

I added a goldfish with a button eye, and three blue bubble buttons. I also did another row of single crochet to define the ripply edge and make it look neater. I think it looks super cute now. Also it fits both my seven month old and my almost three year old due to the stretchy double crochet stitch used. At least I know I'll get a few years use out of it!

Money bag: Totally random but one teatime the husband reminded me he needed a money bag as a prop for a play he's in. I had an hour. I actually finished it in 40 minutes and was pretty chuffed with that!
Here he is, ever the thespian, showing off his bag. It caused a fair amount of hilarity at rehearsal, can't imagine why?!

If you are in west Cumbria and would like to see the coin purse and its owner in action, go along to see UP POMPEII at Rosehill theatre from May 20th.

Next week I'm looking forward to making a colourful poncho for a preschooler and also a neon slouchy hat for my daughter (her request!).

Until then, have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment