Monday 21 April 2014

Busy Bank Holiday!

I've managed to complete a few items on my to do list over the Easter weekend. First the Moogly cardigan! I hooked this up using Robin baby aran yarn. It's 100% acrylic so will wash well, essential with a small baby!

If I make this again I will probably use a double knitting weight yarn so the cardi is a bit softer and more pliable. This will look lovely with the pixie bonnet I finished a few days again. I'm a cruel mummy and made my baby boy model it. I think he looks very cute and I must look out a pixie bonnet pattern that's not quite so girly.
Shell stitch pixie bonnet by Cre8tion Crochet
I have also finished a pair of Mary Jane style baby shoes. This is actually the first time I have used a youtube video to follow a pattern. Initially I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't read the pattern anywhere as I like to skim read them so I know what to expect. Anyway, I just followed the video and I'm really pleased I did. I learnt that I have been joining my rows in the wrong place all this time, oops! If there's a ch2 at the start, I had been joining in the first stitch rather than the actual chain of the ch2. They looked okay before I feel better for knowing I'm now doing it right! It was good to follow the video, it was reassuring. 


I love this photo of the shoes. I've been reading about how to improve my photography skills when taking promotional photos and this is the first time I've felt the photo does the item justice.

Lastly, I started a "blessing day bonnet" the other day and got it finished last night. I really love this mercerised cotton yarn. It's the first time I've used it. It gives a lovely finish to an item and is nice and soft but non shedding. I'm struggling to get a good photo of this hat though. It needs to be on something head shaped to show off the shape and the design on the back. I think I'm going to have to try it on the baby! He is quite difficult to get a photo of these days though, he's just started crawling! Here's my effort at photographing it so far...

So, all in all, a productive weekend. What shall I make next?! 





No comments:

Post a Comment