Saturday 22 March 2014

A quick project

I've been desperate to make a start on this hat for a few days now! I've cleared my crochet orders so I'm spending a few days making some bits and pieces for my baby boys. The lady who designed this pattern has a fab blog, Adventures of KT and the Squid, full of wonderful patterns, instructional videos and top tips for selling crochet items. I'm sure I'll be using many of her patterns in the future. 


I chose grey as the main colour, it hides all kinds of toddler grubbiness! Orange is the toddler's favourite colour at the minute and the green looks good next to both colours (I may have my eye on a green summer jacket for him...). 

So, back to the hooking. Hopefully it will be ready for him to wear tomorrow.

Edited to add: 
I completed the hat that night but the boychild refused to wear it! It turned out he didn't like the peak, so I ripped it back and just added another row of single crochet. He wore it, but not for long enough for me to take a photo! So here's a pic of the finished article. 


It's lovely and soft and the colourful cotton yarns add a nice texture. The cotton isn't as stretchy as the grey, acrylic yarn so not sure I would mix and match fibres again. Think I will try one for the baby that is just in cotton yarns. 

At least he will appreciate my lovingly created wares!

No comments:

Post a Comment